The public accounting firm of Laciak Accountancy Group, P.C. has proudly served small businesses in Northwest Indiana and suburban Chicago for 35 years. Led by Joseph Laciak and his sons Brian and Geoff, the Laciak team is comprised of talented, degreed and licensed accounting and consulting professionals who are supported by an elite roster of management, community relations and customer service professionals.
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Completion of, or working toward completion of, 150 semester hour college credits to be eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Preferably CPA licensed
- Two or more years of experience in a public accounting firm serving a variety of business clients
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel
- Prepares and adjusts client’s monthly, quarterly and annual accounting records
- Prepares payroll returns, information returns, personal property tax returns and sales tax returns
- Prepares compiled financial statements
- Prepares income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships and fiduciaries
- Familiarity with Thomson Reuters Professional Suite and tax preparation software is optional
We support your personal family life and your involvement in outside activities in a family-oriented community. Our offices in Valparaiso and Schererville, IN provide a comfortable and professional work environment for staff, as well as productive meeting space for clients.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as employer-paid medical and life insurance premiums, vacation and personal time, profit sharing and 401(k) plan and opportunities for professional growth. Some inter-company travel is necessary, as well as occasional travel to clients throughout Northwest Indiana.
For immediate consideration for this career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.